We worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. throughout the year except on the Sunday prior to Christmas Day & on Easter Sunday when we offer 2 worship services. We offer our praise to God in music, prayer, preaching, sacrament and special times with our children. Services are followed by Continental Breakfast in Fellowship Hall and, on many occasions, by congregational luncheons. Nursery and Preschool Care and our Children’s Program are offered every Sunday throughout the year.
Special services are held during the Lenten Season
- Noonday services at 12 noon (preceded and followed by a luncheon) on the six Tuesdays preceding Easter Sunday
- Good Friday service at 10:30 am
- Tenebrae service at 7:30 pm on Easter Eve
- Easter Sunrise Service on the shores of Kempenfelt Bay on Heritage Park
Three special services are held on Christmas Eve:
- 6:30 pm – The Pageant of the Nativity with our Youth Choir
- 8:30 pm – Service of Lessons and Carols with our Senior Choir and Soloists
- 10:30 pm – A Service of Holy Communion
Holy Communion is celebrated each year during the four major services listed below, as well as after service on the second Sunday of each month when there is no major Communion service.
- Palm Sunday
- 2nd Sunday of June (Confirmation Class welcomed)
- 1st Sunday in October (World Wide Communion)
- 1st Sunday in the Season of Advent
We welcome New Members four times a year on the Sundays preceding our major Communion Sundays.
We welcome our shut-ins for a wonderful luncheon and worship on the Tuesday following each major Communion.
|Worship is the time we gather together as a church family. We worship with the heartfelt conviction that we also worship outside our service times, where “to worship rightly is to love each other, each smile a hymn, each kindly deed a prayer.”|
Collier St. United is completely wheelchair accessible.