Jobs & volunteering opportunities
Technology Support Administrator
Collier United Church is a Christian organization that values community, connection, creativity, inclusion, love, transformation, and hope. Our downtown Church in Barrie, Ontario, is seeking a Technology Support Administrator to work in a team, giving community and technological support.
Our flexible 6 hours per week, with in-person and online support. The work time is from Sunday to Wednesday, 9 am to 2 pm, for four months, starting September 2022 or as soon as we find the best candidate. We pay a livable hourly rate for this position.
Our Technology Support Administrator will:
- Be highly proficient in social media platforms with skills in WordPress or other web design software to: Update Church Website with graphics/images and words; Design digital ads, social graphics, and landing pages; Create graphics and icons for email, electronic signs, animated announcements, and various campaigns; Monitor and update the Church’s Instagram and Facebook accounts; Provide technological support for online and in-person worship, funerals, and weddings; Provide and support online marketing and promotion;
- Be proficient in computer software programs, specifically word processing, spreadsheet, email and database management programs, telephone answering systems, and other standard office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, etc.).
- Demonstrate good leadership and organizational ability;
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Plan, organize, and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously;
- Support and promote the vision, mission priorities, and ministry of Collier Street United
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and work respectfully cooperatively and compassionately with others; an effective team player;
- Respect and maintain confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Work with minimal supervision, in consultation with the staff;
- Is eligible to obtain a Police Records Check that includes the vulnerable sector that is satisfactory to the employer; and
- A Permanent Tertiary Resident or Canadian Student returning to School in
Submit your application here by July 17, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please know that only candidates moving forward in the selection process will be contacted. Collier Street United is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 6 per week
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-17
Feel free to connect with the Worship Committee/Minister
Feel free to connect with the Worship Committee/Music Director
Feel free to connect with the Nominations Team/Minister
Programs: Children, Youths, young adults & adults
Feel free to connect with Connecting and Community/Programs Director
Feel free to connect to the Office.
at Collier we value our people
To Apply for the jobs at Collier Street United Church, send your letter/emails/resumes to